Your event organiser will provide you with a list of things to bring with you that is specific to your event and will take into account the type of climate appropriate to the location. In the meantime, here is our generic kit list for a sailing event.
• Deck shoes or similar shoes with soft grippy, light coloured, non-marking soles.
• Comfortable casual clothing for an activity based event
• Change of clothes
• Washbag, including soap and other things you’d expect to find in a hotel but won’t on a boat
• Sleeping bag
• Soft ‘holdall’ type kit bag – allows for ease of stowage on board
• Light waterproofs and/or Fleece (Heavy duty sailing waterproofs may/can/will be supplied)
• Bring clothing that can be used in layers to warm up or cool down – it can be chilly on the water, even in summer!
• High Factor Sunscreen
• Sea-Sickness tablets
• Gloves – for rope work